Dial800 Telecom LLC UCaaS
Acceptable Use Policy (AUP)
“Service” – shall mean the products and services that are being provided to you from RingSquared as described in any quote or order form, including, but not limited to, RingSquared’s UCaas, collaboration services, SMS or Texting, Instant Messaging Services, and/or any associated software, hardware or web-based platform. “Service” shall also include any additional Services provided to you as described in any addendums, contracts, or amendments.
“Device” – shall mean a RingSquared-provided telephone or device, telephone adapter (“Adapter”), router, or other RingSquared-provided device used with the Services or connected to the RingSquared Network.
“Fax, SMS, or MMS Broadcasting” and “Fax, SMS or MMS Blasting” – shall mean sending the same message by fax, SMS, or MMS as described in The Telephone Consumer Protection Act (TCPA) and/or by the 10DLC regulations.
- Unlimited Services. All services are subject to RingSquared’s acceptable use policy. RingSquared reserves the right to periodically review usage of any service, including, but not limited to, minutes, data, messages, and API calls to ensure all service is not in violation of this AUP and if such an abuse or violation is discovered may terminate or adjust the plan as appropriate without notice. You agree to use the Unlimited Plan for services of a quantity or duration comparable to that of the average customer presently utilizing RingSquared’s same services and will not employ methods, devices or procedures to take advantage of unlimited plans by using the services excessively or for means not intended by RingSquared.
Excessive use is defined as use that substantially exceeds the average volume, duration of calls, data or messages used by all other RingSquared customers using the same service or attempting to originate or terminate multiple concurrent phone calls, faxes, or messages through any single line of service. The following types of services are specifically prohibited and may not be accessed through RingSquared’s voice service plan: conference calling, monitoring services, data transmissions, transmission of broadcasts or transmission of recorded material. RingSquared may terminate your service or change your service plan without notice if, in its sole discretion, RingSquared determines that your use of the service violates this prohibition or is otherwise “unreasonable” or results in abuse of any service.
The following are not permitted and therefore may result in immediate suspension or termination of the service or services.
re-selling, re-branding, re-supplying, re-marketing or commercially exploiting our service, aggregating traffic from more than one customer over a line or trunk or set up routing in any way that only outbound long-distance traffic is sent over the service.
in any way engaging in any other conduct which is considered fraudulent, illegal, harassing or in any way results significant network congestion, or degradation. The use of Autodialing, predictive-dialers, or robo-dialers. Free conference calling or similar services that participate in traffic simulation practices that result in excessive charges.
Repetitive and/or continuous messaging or calling to the same destination number, long duration and/or calls placed to specific numbers/destinations for the purpose of generating charges or fees for or with a third party.
Any other activity that would be inconsistent with reasonable personal, residential, and business use patterns, or may cause intentional or un- intentional network congestion to RingSquared’s network.
SHORT DURATION CALLS: RingSquared reserves the right to charge for excessive volumes short duration calls (with a call duration of under 6 seconds or less in length) a SEVEN-cent (.07¢) per call assessment if RingSquared determines, in its sole discretion, that you have an (more than 10% of your total calls in any given month), or if your average call duration is below (30) seconds. The foregoing surcharges will be in addition to any fees that Customer owes to RingSquared.
- You agree that calls, as defined herein for billing purposes, shall include all call traffic when accepted by RingSquared or its underlying carriers for termination whether such calls are terminated or not for any reason (“incomplete calls”). RingSquared will bill you for all calls completed to RingSquared’s facility or equipment or that of RingSquared’s underlying carriers regardless of if the call is completed to the called party.
- Right of Termination. In addition to RingSquared’s right to terminate any service for non-payment, RingSquared reserves the right to terminate the Service immediately and without advance notice if RingSquared, in its sole discretion, believes that you have violated any of the above restrictions, you will be responsible for the full charges through the end of the current term, including without limitation unbilled charges, plus a disconnect fee and any penalties.
- Use Monitoring. We may monitor the use of our Service for violations of this agreement. We may, without liability, remove or block all communications if we suspect a violation of this agreement, or if we think it necessary in order to protect our Service, or RingSquared, its parent, affiliates, directors, officers, agents, customers, and employees from harm.
- Providing information to authorities and third parties. If we believe that you have used our Service or your Device for an unlawful purpose, we may forward the relevant communication and other information, including your identity, to the appropriate authorities for investigation and prosecution.
- You consent to our cooperating with and forwarding any such communications and information to these authorities. In addition, we may disclose your name, telephone number, credit card information, and other personal information, any communications sent or received by you, and any other information that we may have about your account, as compelled by law enforcement or other governmental agency requests; as required by law, regulation, rule, subpoena, search warrant, or court order action against someone who may be misusing the Service or violating the law.
- Use of Service and device by Customers Outside the United States. While RingSquared encourages use of the Service within the United States to other countries, RingSquared does not presently offer or support the Service to customers located in any countries other than the United States. RingSquared’s Services are only for use by persons or entities whose primary residence or business address is in the United States. RingSquared’s Services are designed to work generally with unencumbered high-speed internet connections. However, if the high-speed internet connection you are using is outside the United States and/or your ISP places restrictions on the usage of VoIP services, RingSquared does not represent or warrant that use of the Service by you is permitted by any other jurisdictions or by any or all the ISPs. If you remove the device to a country other than the United States or use the Service from there, you do so at its own risk, including the risk that such activity violates local laws in the country where you do so. You will be solely responsible for any violations of local laws and regulations or violations of ISP terms of service resulting from such use. RingSquared reserves the right to disconnect Services immediately if RingSquared determines, in its sole and absolute discretion, that you have used the Service or the device in violation of applicable laws, including without limitation laws of jurisdictions outside the United States. You are solely liable for any and all use of the Service and/or device by any person making use of the Service or device provided to you.
- No Assignment. You are not permitted to assign, resell or transfer your Service or your Device or provide telephone to anyone else by using your RingSquared service without prior written consent from RingSquared.
- No Alterations or Tampering. You are not permitted to alter the firmware or software of the Device in any way that facilitates a compromise of your service, You may not attempt to hack, manipulate, modify or otherwise disrupt our Service or use our Service that is inconsistent with its intended purpose.
- Theft of Service. You will notify us immediately in writing if your Device is stolen or if you believe that your Service is being stolen, fraudulently used, or otherwise being used in an unauthorized manner. Until you notify us in writing, you will remain liable for all use of our Service fraudulent or unauthorized use of the Service up through the date notice is received by RingSquared.