The modern digital economy has transformed how businesses connect with their customers by introducing cutting-edge software tools and applications into the competitive landscape, creating new opportunities for companies in nearly every industry.
Advances in communication technologies have enabled greater productivity in call center environments, reshaped workflows and customer service norms, and helped businesses lower their phone service costs, but achieving long-term results requires significant foresight and operational planning.
This partially accounts for why so many business owners have made the switch to Voice over Internet Protocol (VoIP) systems, which provide the scalability needed to keep pace with phone service innovation. But how can business VoIP solutions improve your bottom line?
How VoIP works
Unlike traditional phone systems, VoIP sends and receives phone calls through a company’s secure internet connection using a packet-switched transmission method that converts audio signals into digital data, per the Federal Communications Commission.
While some service providers only allow their users to dial other internet-based lines, almost all business VoIP phone systems are capable of connecting with local, long distance, mobile and even international numbers.
Since VoIP phone calls are made directly from a computer, businesses can easily integrate advanced call routing features, tracking and reporting software, and data analysis tools, which are often difficult to deploy alongside conventional circuit-based infrastructures.
These features have become indispensable for a variety of common business operations, from inbound customer service calls to outbound marketing and sales efforts, as they generate data-driven insights that can improve employee productivity and streamline marketing campaigns.
As a result, VoIP phone services have become quite popular with business owners who want to maximize their call center performance while also securing positive ROI.
Top 5 benefits of business VoIP solutions
The demand for VoIP services continues to grow at a blistering pace, with the global market projected to expand to $136.76 billion by 2020, according to Transparency Market Research.
In part, this market growth is the result of increased competition within the VoIP and unified communication space, which has prompted business phone providers to improve overall call quality, develop new features, and lower the cost of their services.
Companies that have not yet transitioned to VoIP have no shortage of options at their fingertips, though it’s important to understand the technology’s key benefits before making the switch.
Here are five advantages that business VoIP solutions have over conventional phone services:
- Multi-functionality: One of the primary benefits of VoIP is that allows users to access a range of functional capabilities beyond sending and receiving phone calls, such as automated call forwarding, voicemail to email messaging, video conferencing and more. These features can help your employees connect with co-workers and clients no matter where they’re working from and ensure they never miss an important call. Modern businesses rely on this sort of flexibility with their telecommunications, especially when utilizing a variety of workstations and devices.
- Advanced call analytics: Call centers aggregate plenty of useful data that can be leveraged to improve internal processes, analyze customer demographics, and track keyword attribution. VoIP empowers businesses to monitor these and other metrics in real time with the help of API-based communication platforms, which make it easy to sort information into actionable categories, create detailed reports and identify call trends. Collecting and analyzing call data and phone records can help businesses train new staff members, optimize their customer service strategy and assess the efficacy of ongoing marketing and sales campaigns.
- Intelligent routing: VoIP phone systems provide a range of customizable call routing options that can increase productivity and ensure every caller gets in touch with a representative that can address their specific needs. For example, criteria-based routing processes determine where a call should be sent based on a customer’s geographic location, time of day and whether they are a first-time or repeat caller. Intelligent routing can also enhance a lead generation and sales conversions, as customers are connected with an agent quickly and spend less time in transit.
- Vanity toll-free numbers: 800 numbers can significantly increase your inbound call response, grow your brand and help you monitor multichannel marketing campaigns with little to no effort. VoIP phone service providers often possess large stores of toll-free numbers with built-in tracking features, which prevents you from having to pay a third-party vendor for the vanity numbers you need to reinforce your advertising and differentiate your business from your competitors.
- Lower costs: Migrating to VoIP can not only reduce your long distance rates but also remove many of the overhead costs associated with traditional phone solutions, including network management, maintenance and service upgrades. Additionally, since most businesses operate their VoIP system through computers, there are no extra costs for adding new features, phone lines or users. VoIP also removes the need for expensive in-house servers and equipment, as data is stored off-site using cloud-based technologies.
Dial800 offers customizable business VoIP solutions that can be tailored to your unique organizational needs, allowing you to optimize your customer service and sales lead operations without overspending.
We provide a diverse range of dynamic features, from call tracking and routing to data integration and analytics. To learn more about our industry-leading services, contact our team today.