Dial800’s BizCloud® phone services are the secure cloud-based features your business needs to stay connected. Manage inbound and outbound calls, track and analyze customer communications, host virtual meetings, and more with the same company you already use for memorable toll-free phone numbers and comprehensive call tracking and analytics.
If your business wants to set up a Acrobits softphone app with Dial800’s VoIP phone system, follow the configuration steps below.
How Does a VoIP Phone System Work?
A hosted VoIP Phone System is a combination of using VoIP (voice over internet protocol) and hosted PBX (Private Branch Exchange). BizCloud is a cloud-based alternative to traditional hard-wired phone systems. Often selected because of their cost savings (no software or hardware to install and maintain) and flexibility, VoIP phone systems have become especially popular as more businesses need to connect remote employees to their system.
To make and receive calls with a VoIP phone system, you’ll need a phone solution. The flexibility of a cloud-based system gives you several options here: standard phones hardwired in offices, softphone web-based programs that run through an internet browser (including BizCloud TALK that’s included with BizCloud VoIP plans), or softphone apps like Acrobits Softphone. Many employers are switching to softphone solutions because they work on any device whether the employee is in the office, at their home office, or traveling.
Before configuring Acrobits, you must have your BizCloud VoIP system set up. To learn how to set this up, click here.
Once your phone system is set up, you and the BizCloud team will take the following steps to configure your Acrobits softphone app:
- Create Acrobits SIP Phone Targets
- Adjust Target Settings
- Configure Softphone via Mobile App
- Make calls and texts!
- Track Inbound and Outbound Calls
Please keep in mind, each of the following steps must be taken for each extension.
- Within your Dial800 Account, navigate to AccuRoute® and select Targets
- Click +New Target to create your target (click here to learn how)
- Select the phone type as SIP Phone
- We recommend naming your target to include “Acrobits softphone” for organizational purposes
- Select your time zone
- Enter the 4-digit extension based on your onboarding setup. Check the box for Enable Outbound Calling
- Click Save
- Within your Dial800 Account, navigate to AccuRoute and select Targets (this is where you should automatically end up after saving the target you created in step 1)
- Find the target you just created and click Properties
- Within Properties, you will notice new information added under the SIP information that you will need in the next step to configure your Acrobits Mobile App Softphone
- If you want to enable voicemail for this extension, check the Enable Voicemail box and enter an email to receive voicemail notifications
- You can also adjust the outbound Caller ID to be the DNIS or a custom caller ID of your choice
- When properties are adjusted, click Save
- Within your Dial800 account, navigate to AccuRoute and select Targets
- Open the properties of the target you want to configure
- On your mobile device, download the Acrobits: VoIP SIP Softphone application
- Open the Acrobits app
- Click Next, and then click “While using this app” to allow microphone permissions
- Click Next, and then click “Allow” to allow the app to make and manage phone calls
- Click Next, and then click “Allow” to allows access to the contacts on your device
- Click Next, and then click “Allow” to stop optimizing battery usage
- De-select “Show full screen preview for incoming calls” and then click Net for pop-up notifications for incoming calls, or do not de-select “Show full screen preview for incoming calls” and click Next to configure phone settings for full screen notifications
- In the next below screen, tap the menu icon in the top right, shown as three vertical dots, and the click Settings
- Click Accounts, and then click the “+” icon in the bottom right of the screen
- Click New SIP Account, and enter the following information, taken from your Target SIP Information on Dial800 in step 2 above:
- “Title” can be anything.
- “Username” is your SIP Username/Extension,
- “Password” is your Auth Password,
- “Domain” is your SIP Domain (sipreg.dial800.com)
- When the above information is entered, click Advanced Settings
- Scroll down, click :Auth Username” and enter your Auth Username from your Target SIP Information on Dial800 in step 2 above
- Click the checkmark in the upper right, then tap the back arrow in the upper left twice to return to the main screen. Your account title should show as solid green.
- Now, your Acrobits: Softphone configuration is now complete and once you’ve filled in the information, click Save
Begin taking calls on your new BizCloud system using the Acrobits Softphone app!
All calls will be logged in CallView360®. Many of the same features can be applied to both inbound and outbound, such as call recording, transcriptions, sentiment analysis, and tagging (note that some features may need to be activated on your account).
To view your calls, navigate to CallView360 and select the Calls option in the top right.
Outbound calls from your softphone will be marked as your softphone extension (ie. extension 8702)
Your Acrobits softphone configuration is now complete and working within BizCloud VoIP system and CallView360 call tracking and analytics. Every BizCloud extension includes a voicemail box for added convenience – learn more about voicemail and how to access it.