This article walks you through the basic steps for building a ring-to-group call routing profile in AccuRoute®. Ring-to-group call routing sends a call to a group of numbers you create, instead of sending it directly to a specific number or person.
Why You Should Use Ring-to-Group Call Routing Profiles
Within Dial800, routing profiles define the flow of logic and prompts that a call will progress through for an inbound number. This ensures your calls automatically get to the right spot.
A routing profile consists of a logical set of actions linked together to define the flow of a phone call. Building a routing profile can be as simple or as complex as needed. This includes a wide range of routing rules from simply ringing a target number to geo-routing, multiple menus, keyed responses, and API calls all while routing differently based on the time of day.
Please note, your targets and groups must be created prior to building your routing profile. Learn how to set up call routing targets here, and how to create groups here.
Creating a Ring-To-Group Routing Profile
There are several steps to creating a ring-to-group routing profile, explained below.
- Navigate to AccuRoute
- Select Targets and create a 2 or more New Targets (click here to learn how)
- Navigate back to AccuRoute and select Groups
- Create a New Group (click here to learn how)
- Navigate back to AccuRoute and select Routing
- Click Create a New Routing Profile
- Name the profile and click Save
- You will be rerouted to the Profile Designer Page, select the Home Plate titled Inbound Call
- In the drop-down menu, select Dial Group
- Select the rectangular icon titled Dial Group
- In the dropdown menu, select the group you named and created in step 4
- Select an Empty Action if the group dial isn’t connected or there is no answer (this empty action is the final destination for a failed call)
- Click Save
- In the top right corner, select the purple Save Profile and click Save in the pop-up window
- Navigate to the AccuRoute home page and select Numbers
- Search the DNIS you want to assign to the profile you created and select the Properties of that DNIS on the left-hand side
- Find the profile name in the drop down and click Save
Your routing profile is now saved and ready to test by calling your number and seeing if the routing you created works. If you have any more questions or need help, you can contact Dial800 Customer Care or call 1-800-DIAL800.